$400 Delayed Relief Checks: Here’s What Happened
About 4% of qualified residents of Illinois have not yet received their money and property tax rebate. Checks amounting to $1.042 billion have been sent out by the state to almost 5.1 million residents of the state.
According to a published post by The US Sun, $1.2 billion total amount of money will be given to over 6 million residents. Rebates will be given similar to the way you got your 2021 Illinois income tax refund. There used to be an application for the paycheck rebate but closer on October 17.
How Much Money Will You Receive?
• Single Taxpayer – income must be lower than $200,000 in the previous year and will receive a $50 income tax rebate.
• Joint Taxpayer – income must be lower than $400,000 and will receive $100.
• Qualified Taxpayer – will also receive $100 per dependent each, caper at three.
• Property Owners – capped at $300.
Here’s How To Track Your Rebate
You can visit the website of the State and utilize the “Where’s My Rebate?” Tool to track your rebates.
You need these to utilize the tool. Check the following:
• Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number.
• Reported adjusted gross income on your 2021 Illinois income tax return or property tax rebate form or your Illinois PIN.
Consider trying your spouse’s name if your information won’t come up.
READ ALSO: $500 Relief Checks For Americans To Come In Less Thank 2 Weeks