This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Joe Craven 1 week, 1 day ago.
January 7, 2019 at 4:21 pm #31315
Orange and Blue PressMember
The FC Cincinnati schedule was released on Monday, January 7th at 4pm. Some of the highlights of the full schedule are below.
- August is “Hell is Real” month as it features both derby matches against the Columbus Crew. The first is at Mapfre at 7:30pm on Saturday August 10th. The Nippert edition is during MLS rivalry week on Sunday August 25th at 8pm.
- We knew about FCC’s tough 3-game start, but the full schedule revealed that 9 of the Orange & Blue’s first 10 opponents will be against 2018 playoff teams. Ouch.
- Some of the tastier matches at Nippert are as follows: 5/25 Red Bulls rematch, 7/18 Wayne Rooney comes to town with DC United, 6/22 Zlatan and L.A. Galaxy meet Cincy, 8/3 Koch versus Vancouver, 9/18 Champions Atlanta United in town.
So tell us, which FC Cincinnati games are you most excited to see?
Comment below or on your preferred social media outlet.
NOTE: You have to provide a first name and an email address to comment. The email address will not be shown, is not seen by Orange & Blue Press, and cannot be used to spam you. It’s used to identify when the same person commenting. You can use a bogus name and email if you want.January 7, 2019 at 4:38 pm #31320
Hell is Real. ‘nough said.January 7, 2019 at 4:38 pm #31321
My top 5 at Nippert
8/25 – Hell is Real
3/17 – Home Opener
5/25 – Red Bulls – USL rival and USOC revenge
6/22 – Galaxy – Zlatan/Schelloto
9/18 – Atlanta United – Champions, new talent and De Boer
Top 5 away
8/10 – Hell is Real
3/2 – Seattle MLS opener
3/10 – Atlanta away – all the people
5/19 – Orlando – O’Connor heckling in Sunny Florida, avoid Mickey
7/27 – Toronto – Atmosphere, city, and they should be better this season
January 7, 2019 at 4:50 pm #31322
- This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Michael Walker.
Games I’m thrilled to see:
1. ROONEY AND ZLATAN (maybe) AT NIPPERT: The excitement of a major star drives attendance. Beckham alone did that when the Galaxy visited the Revs, even when he was held out of the lineup. Star power will fuel fandom, and having the Galaxy and DCU at Nippert should be tremendous.
2. HELL IS REAL: Andrew Wiebe was reinforcing this phrase in steel in the pre-release web show. Sucks that the big one at Nippert is on a Sunday night, but both in August is a big boon, as families will want to go to these on a non-school month night.
3. WEST CONFERENCIN’: The Western Conference teams visiting Nippert: Portland, Sporting KC, RSL, LA Galaxy, Houston, and Vancouver (the “Alan Koch Sweepstakes”). Those are all solid games to attend in my opinion.
Games I’m not thrilled with:
1. WHY NEW ENGLAND IN MARCH?: Was hoping for a nice sunny game in June, but I’m getting a raw rainy game at the Spring Equinox. The roadies are not fair in March, AND it’s on a Sunday afternoon. (I can already see there is a mistake on their “Schedule” tab.)
2. RED BULLIES: Both Red Bulls games before the end of May. That kinds blows, but at least both are Saturday games.
3. SPEAKING OF SATURDAYS: 9 of the 17 home games are on Saturdays, 5 are on Sundays, and 3 games on a Wednesday / Thursday / Friday. Welcome to the MLS’s drive to get eyeballs on TV screens.January 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #31327
Plenty of exciting matches in store for 2019. Personally, going to miss kickin’ it in the USL.
1) I’ll admit that my first point is not an original take, but was identified by Charlie Hatch on FC Cincinnati’s website. FC Cincinnati vs Orlando City will pit the Orange & Blue against James O’Connor. Hope we conquer the “Bee Keeper.”
2) Of course I’m excited for FC Cincinnati vs Columbus Crew SC! Alan Koch versus Caleb Porter should be an interesting tactical match-up.
3) Visually speaking, the last two months look nice, but how will the team perform? Hopeful the team rides a wave of success into their first MLS Playoffs and not a lackluster finish to the Eastern Conference cellar. With 7 of 12 teams qualifying and 7 of the final 11 matches being at home, I’m confident in playoff qualification.
First kick will be here before we know it.