The Double Up program for SNAP benefits offers an increase in your fruit and vegetables, meaning you can get double the value for every dollar you spend in participating farmers’ markets and stores.
The Double Up Food Bucks Program
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients know that it isn’t easy to feed a family on food benefits due to the hikes in recent years. This year families most likely receive less money in 2023, the skyrocketing price of food combined with the end of the COVID-19 pandemic emergency provisions.
However, the Double Up Food Bucks program will help you stretch your SNAP dollars. The program teams up with certain stores and farmers’ markets to give SNAP recipients access to lower-cost produce. Every money you spend will double or, as the New York Double Up website puts it, you can, “have an apple a day into two apples a day.”
These Are The 12 States Participates In Double Your Fruit and Vegetable Money Program
The Double Up program has spread rapidly in the US since 2009. But not all states offer these benefits though other states do have similar projects. Here is a list of states that teams up with the Double Up Food Bucks program, as well as the daily spending limit:
- Alabama: EBT card has spending limits of up to $20 free per day.
- Arizona: spending limits on SNAP Quest Card for up to $20 per day.
- California: Offers CalFresh EBT dollars worth $10 per day.
- Colorado: Worth $20 a day in Quest Card payment.
- Hawaii: SNAP money at DA BUX Double Up Food Bucks get 50% less on local fruits and veg, restricted to one transaction per day per SNAP card.
- Idaho: Quest Card can purchase in participating farmers’ markets and stores.
- Indiana: Match SNAP spending of up to $20 daily with the St. Joseph Community Health Foundation.
- Iowa: Match ETB Card money for up to $10 on every visit.
- Kansas: Match SNAP/EBT Card money for up to $25 per day.
- Massachusetts: Can have a 50% discount for fruit and veg with your EBT card, up to $5 or $10 depending on the location.
- Michigan: Match Bridge card payments worth $20 a day.
- Mississippi: Match SNAP/EBT card payments worth $20 a day.
- Missouri: Match SNAP/EBT card payments for up to $25 a day.
- Nebraska: Up to $20 per day for SNAP/EBT card payments.
- Nevada: Up to $20 per day for SNAP/EBT card payments.
- New Hampshire: Avail 50% off on EBT payments for up to $20 in discounts a day.
- New Jersey: Good Food Bucks program matches SNAP/EBT card.
- New Mexico: Matches SNAP/EBT card money in participating locations.
- New York: Matches SNAP/EBT card payments for up to $20 daily.
- North Carolina: Worth $20 per day in SNAP/EBT card payments.
- North Dakota: Matches SNAP/EBT card payments for up to $10 per trip. Programs vary between markets and stores.
- Oklahoma: $20 per day to Double Up Oklahoma matches SNAP/EBT card payments.
- Oregon: Matches SNAP/EBT card payments worth $20 a day.
- South Dakota: Matches SNAP/EBT card payments worth $20 per visit.
- Tennessee: Up to $20 a day for SNAP/EBT card payments.
- Texas: Matches Lone Star SNAP card worth up to $30 per day.
- Utah: $30 per day for SNAP/EBT Horizon card.