In January, Banks will be closed for 13 days across many states.
2023 Bank Holidays
This New Year, the RBI ( Reserve Bank of India ) released the list of bank holidays calendar for January 2023. It is stated on the list that banks will have a total shutdown for 13 days in the upcoming month. However, some of these holidays will be state-specific since most of these festivals are regional.
The Negotiable Instruments Act of 1881 divided all bank holidays into four separate groups. Real-time Gross Settlement Holiday, Bank Account Closing Holidays, and Holidays Under the Negotiable Instruments Act.
The 13 Banks That Will Close During the Holidays
This is the list of 13 bank holidays in January 2023 also includes the weekend holidays.
- Monday, 2 January 2023: New year welcoming celebrations – Aizawl.
- Tuesday, 3 January 2023: Imoinu Iratpa – Imphal.
- Wednesday, 4 January 2023: Gaan-Ngai – Imphal.
- Sunday, 15 January 2023: Pongal/Magh Bihu & weekend.
- Thursday, 26 January 2023: Republic Day – All states (National holiday).
- Sunday, 1 January 2023: Weekend/ New Year – All states.
- Sunday, 8 January 2023: Weekend – All states.
- Saturday, 14 January 2023: Second Saturday/ Makar Sankranti.
- Sunday, 15 January 2023: Weekend – All states.
- Sunday, 22 January 2023: Weekend – All states.
- Monday, 23 January 2023: Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Jayanti.
- Saturday, 28 January 2023: Fourth Saturday – All states.
- Sunday, 29 January 2023: Weekend – All states.