FC Cincinnati heads to Rochester this weekend for a single game on the road after five straight at Nippert Stadium. They will face the ninth place Rochester Rhinos at Capelli Sport Stadium on Saturday for a 6pm kickoff.
FC Cincinnati now sits in fourth place in the Eastern Conference after back-to-back league victories against Bethlehem Steel and Toronto FC II. They are three points clear of the Rhinos, but have played four more games overall than their opponent. Rochester has played seven games this season compared with FC Cincinnati’s eleven.
FC Cincinnati will again be without leading goalscorer Djiby Fall who is serving the last game of a six game suspension.
Here are five fast facts to serve as a backdrop for Saturday’s contest.
- The Rhinos Jamaican midfielder #11 Kenardo Forbes is a player to watch. He’s scored two goals this season and leads the team in chances created (13), and passing accuracy (84.2%) for players with over 100 passes.
- The Rhinos got thumped early in the season 5-0 by league leaders Charleston, but have been stingy in defense recently. They have only conceded one goal in their last three matches played.
- FC Cincinnati midfielder Kenney Walker has been out of the lineup for several weeks recovering from a knee contusion injury. He did, however, get a few minutes at the end of Wednesday’s US Open Cup match. Check the starting eleven on Saturday to see if this key component of FC Cincinnati’s midfield returns to the lineup.
- Jimmy McLaughlin now leads the team in chances created* with 16 after two impact performances in USL play.
- FC Cincinnati left-sided defender / midfielder Josu Currais, who’s signing was announced on May 15th, in now in the US and will join the team for the match in Rochester.
Stay tuned to Orange and Blue Press for more coverage of this weekend’s match.
*Chances Created are assists plus key passes where a key pass is the final pass or pass-come-shot leading to the recipient of the ball having an attempt at goal without scoring. See more at: http://optasports.com/news-area/blog-optas-event-definitions.aspx#sthash.LMx5JuZ8.dpuf