FC Cincinnati faces the Tampa Bay Rowdies at Nippert Stadium on Wednesday in their fifth match of a young 2017 USL campaign. The Orange and Blue should be brimming with confidence after their 4-0 triumph over Saint Louis FC this past weekend. The following graphic provides the vital information for tomorrow’s Eastern Conference matchup.
In addition to the graphic above, here are a few fast facts to serve as a backdrop for Wednesday’s match.
- These two sides met at Al Lang Stadium last June in the US Open Cup. The Rowdies earned a narrow 1-0 victory in that match, eliminating FC Cincinnati from the tournament. Georgi Hristov scored the lone goal for Tampa Bay.
- FC Cincinnati striker Djiby Fall currently leads the USL in goals, shots, and shots on target. His four goal performance against Saint Louis FC earned him USL Player of the Week honors on Tuesday.
- The Tampa Bay Rowdies did not concede a single goal in their first three matches, all of which were played at home.
- Both teams have earned one resounding 4-0 victory at home this season.
- Tampa Bay averages 59.9% possession to date and have yet to be out-possessed in a match. Compare this to FC Cincinnati’s 51.2% average.
- Mitch Hildebrandt has made 13 saves on 17 shots faced. Compare that to Tampa Bay’s starting two keepers who have faced only 7 shots on target, saving 5.
Stay tuned to Orange and Blue Press for more coverage of opening week for FC Cincinnati and Wednesday’s match.